LONGUEUIL August 1, 2016


August 1, 2016

What a week. I feel that our theme scripture needs to be Alma 26... So many miracles being wrought in the land of Longueuil as we're doing more and more to put our trust in the Lord. We're working to improve our ablities to teach and to find and to love and serve. Our capabilities our expanding, but we need the Lord's help even more as we do so. We could be the best teachers in the world, but without the help of the spirit, people won't be converted. We could be great at talking to everyone. But without the Lord we might never find those who are actually willing to talk to us. But we're seeing those miracles as the Lord is placing people in our path.

This past week and in the coming week we're planning to teach more first lessons than I have during the rest of my entire mission. And what's exciting is that we're realizing now how much room we have to improve with our teaching skills. Definitely some humbling moments. The mission is full of those- when you feel like you're doing so well, then you're humbled and realize how much you really lack. We're working to humble ourselves and keep ourselves humble. But this week was wonderful. We had mission leadership council, and had some wonderful trainings and discussed how we can help the other missionaries get this direction, vision, and fire for the work. We had an awesome restoration role-play with the Phillips' son, who recently returned from his mission, and talked about how we can focus on the teaching simple and clear doctrines. It was a good reminder of how easy it is to complicate the things we teach. Then I studied alma 18 later in the week, and was even more inspired by Ammon's way of teaching king Lamoni... with his simple, direct questions, and bold way of teaching the doctrine of who our Heavenly Father is. So we've set some more goals of how to improve our teaching. Lots of good role plays, which I'm so excited for. I'm just starting to gain a love for role-plays finally :)

But I think the Lord is preparing us for those he has in store. Because last week several of our lessons fell through, and were instead taught this week. But because we'd been able to refocus on this need for simplicity the lessons went so much better and we were really able to teach the people in a much more meaningful way. So I'm excited to keep pressing forward and improving our ability to teach together. :)

We also focused a lot on the importance of using the Book of Mormon in teaching. So have been trying even more to use the book of Mormonn in every teaching opportunity, and testify with power about its truthfulness. As we do this, my testimony of hte Book of Mormon is increasing too. We've been reading the Book of Mormon with our zone, and it's amazing all we can learn from it. I don't know how many times I've read the Book of Mormon. But every time I read it I learn new things. I find things I never read before, and feel such a powerful spirit that confirms its truthfullness. I love the Book of Mormon :)

So just a couple new investigators... I don't have time to go into too much detail. But at least I can ask you to keep them in your prayers. Fabien, Pierre, Kathy, Ulrich, Genevieve, Megan, Emily, Allain. It's amazing to see all the people the Lord prepares, and humbling to see that he allows us to have a hand in helping them. I love this work and I love these people. I'm so excited to see the miracles the Lord has in store. And excited to see what happens with these wonderful people we have to teach :)
love you all! HAPPY WEEK!

Love,
Sister Shelley



                                                   Just a fun little pic from leadership council :)






Comments

Popular Posts