FALL into love- every day ;)

Happy October! I am beyond excited about fall time and the quickly cooling temperatures. It has been beautiful here in Logan, and we are loving life. Not only does it feel nice, but it looks so nice everywhere you look. All I want to do these days is go for walks through the changing trees. They never cease to amaze me! So we have been doing lots of nice canyon walks :) 

Sunday we took such a walk into Logan canyon. The riverside nature trail is a beautiful, easy trail that follows along the river. The hike was full, as usually, but not so much that we couldn't enjoy some peaceful moments by ourselves too. The pictures really don't even begin to do it justice.



I loved this view... such beautiful colors, and the little ducks swimming upstream together... So cute!


This view was amazing. There's no way my camera can begin to capture it, but the lighting, the colors, the soft breeze blowing the cattails across the river... it was absolutely amazing!



And then we made boats! Carter had the genius idea to carve and have a boat race. The outcome was humorous... my boat made it down the river, only tipped on one side. Carter's did quite a bit better. Probably because he named it the USS CANADA. There's power in Canada, I guess ;)




Here they are! Not too bad for a first time boat-builder. Definitely a fun little date in the mountains for those seeking some adventure :)

We are trying to plan fun (and cheap) fall dates. What are your favorite fall dates? I love this time because it is so cozy... It is hard to get Carter to cuddle during the hot summer months. But come fall-time we are back in business! ;) Plus, we are trying to plan a fun date night each week. With our schedules, our time together is so limited, so we need to take advantage of the time we do have. And I think it's important to change things up and try new things to keep falling in love :). But here's the fall "bucket list" so far, I guess you could say. 

star gaze 
camp fire and s'mores
lots of hikes and walks! 
go paint some fall landscapes :)
bake some pumpkin goodies
make some butternut squash recipes (we go a bunch from our garden!)
eat yummy soups
get really excited for Christmas and count down until I can start decorating (the day Carter will allow it. I'd have done it by now if it were my choice ;)

What are your ideas? Any fun fall activities that just can't be missed? Share what you will be doing as a couple, family, or even by yourself! 

Comments

Popular Posts