Greenfield Park May 16, 2016



May 16, 2016

So this was a great week... it's been so nice to finally have some sunshine. Sister Prince makes fun of me for how many times I talk about everything, and say, "It's so happy!" Apparently I say that a lot ;) ( I asked Heather if she meant to write " I'm so happy" but she sadi no. That's why Sister Prince loves to make fun of her bcause she's forgetting her English grammar. Heather said, "My speech has been so messed up by being a missionary.. a mixture of Franglais and the different ways companions and non-native English speakers speak... my goodness. I'm going to have to retake my English classes after my mission I think :) really though. I talk kind of weird now I think :" 
  But we're doing more service for members and others because of the nice weather, and hopefully going to be able to find new investigators through service... something I'm Learning as a missionary is the joy that comes through serving :) So great things are happening....

This morning I was studying a lot about Christ's Atonement. There's an awesome talk called ."The Atonement and missionary work" by Elder Holland. I love love love this talk. One thing he says is: "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two toward the summit of Calvary." I feel like the more our love grows for these people here in Québec, the more we learn about being a consecrated missionary. The more we strive to serve him with our heart, might, mind and strength, we begin to experience that moment in Gethsemane. Feeling that heartbreak as we saw the heartbreak in Sandra's words, having her hug us so tightly, feeling with her as she shed so many tears-- takes us just a step toward Calgary. I really do believe that Christ gives us just the smallest piece of his love for these people, so we can truly serve as his représentatives. I think that's what makes missionary work, but it also makes missionary work SO BEAUTIFUL. The joy of missionary work is feeling the smallest piece of the Savior's joy, and our Heavenly FAther's joy when those people do take those little steps toward him.

Every day of my mission I learn more about the reality and power of Christ's Atoning sacrifice. My faith grows little by little as I learn to see his hand, and as I become more and more grateful for these things. I really do believe that Christ came and suffered for each of us individually. Feeling his love for the people here is so powerful, because it teaches me, too, how much he loves me. I know he loves each of us. He feels every pain we feel, and understands perfectly each of our sorrows. We're given trials to help us grow, and sometimes they are so hard. But we can choose to be shaken down by these trials, or rather "glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me... take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecuations, in distresses for Christ's sake: For when I am weak, then am I strong" (2 cor. 12:9-10). I know the Savior is with us in all we do. He loves us. Our Father in Heaven loves us. I learn that more and more every day as I understand more about his will, and learn to humble myself to his will. I want to invite you all this week to reflect more on the power of Christ's Atonement in your life. The trials you've had, or those you may be going through right now. Have they brought you down? Or do you let them strengthen you? Do you use them as an opportunity for Christ's power to rest upon you? Think about his power you've seen in your life today, or what you need to do in order to feel that power more. I know that he allows the waves, winds and rains to come so we can be strengthened and build upon his firmer foundation. And I know he helps us to do this :)
moi, je vous aime. Mais le Seigneur encore plus :)
tout mon amour,
Sœur Shelley :











Comments

Popular Posts