Greenfield Park June 6, 2016 TRANSFERS !!

June 6, 2016

Okay.... so today was a crazy week... We've been working really hard to find new people to teach. Especially after Sandra's baptism in April, our investigator pool has been dwindling a lot... so we did some good evaluating of which investigators and less actives we should focus on, and then decided to dedicate all our other time to finding. No new friends yet, but lots of new potentials! It's hard because a big chunk of the interested people we do actually find speak French, so we don't actually end up teaching them anyway... but we've found a few people we're hoping will start meeting with missionaries :)
We also had a great district meeting on Wednesday... Sister Ford finishes this transfer, so we kind of had a missionary "funeral" for her... and went to lunch with the district as well. So that's the crazy district pictures I sent :)

 It was a weird week... I don't think I've ever dreaded a transfer call so much. I love Greenfield Park and I love Sister Prince.. this place has my heart. So I was so nervous... I didn't actually believe the zone leaders when they called...
I am going to serve in the Longueuil ward... with SISTER BEAUMONT!! Haha it's pretty crazy. It's so hard for me to leave Greenfield park... this place really does have my heart. But there are lots of exciting things to come. And it's great... because Longueuil is where we actually live now... it's part of our area already, just the French ward. So I'll be moving to a different apartment and the chapel by the temple (yay! :)), but still on the South shore... so I'm hoping I can still run into the people I love so much here :) And it's crazy because sister Prince will be companions with Sister Agapinan... so lots of craziness with transfers. I'm excited, though.

So Sunday had lots of goodbyes, and dinner with Bishop Lopez's family. I love that family so much... they're one of those families that make you feel like you're in your own home. We love them so much.. I'll definitely miss them and everyone else in this ward. But I'm excited to practice my French again. And to be back with Sister Beaumont again.

Things are going pretty well in Greenfield park, though. Sandra's doing okay. She's relieved that I'm not going too far away and that she already knows the new sister (Sister Agapinan). Hopefully I'll be able to see her in Longueuil still.

We also were so blessed on Saturday morning... Elder Renlund (from the 12) and Elder Gong the 70), came to Québec, and we had a special devotional with them and the whole stake. It was especially special to see how touched Sandra was to be able to meet and shake hands with an apostle. Seeing the apostles is something that's so easy to take for granted back home. But it was so powerful to see the saints gathered here to hear his words. One scripture he shared was Moroni 9:25-26. I love this scripture. "My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death ; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long -suffering, and the hope of his glory and of...  And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen."

Of all things Mormon chose to leave with his son, it was his testimony of the Savior. Of all things, he encouraged his son to remember Christ. I love this. If each of us chose to remember Christ in all we do, there would be an added power and strength in everything we do. I just want to invite you all to think of something you can change to remember Christ a bit more each day. Elder Gong's talk from conference has some great ideas :)
I love you and wish you the best!
love,
Sœur Heather Shelley

Also, apparently in my testimony on Sunday I said "y'all" enough times that someone asked if I was from Texas... so I don't really know what's happening to my talking anymore... I've got the weirdest mix of accents and Franglais... oh goodness :)

love you all! Have a great week!



Dear Mommy,

Honestly I'M still just in shock I'll be going back with Sister Beaumont... it feels pretty unreal. I'm so excited though.. I definitely loved being with her and was so sad when we were separated. Also, please keep me in your prayers.. I'm going to be a sister training leader! and I think all of the Montreal mission will need prayers if I'm not going to burn it down with me as an Sister Training Leader;) haha just kidding.. but it's definitely a humbling call. I'm excited though. :) Just keep praying! I hope you have a wonderful time in the next weeks with Francois :)
love you lots!
Heath :)


                                                                       Sister Prince














Rest in Peace Sister Ford




                                           Saying goodbyes ....  transfers are never easy.


                                                             I'm going to miss Sister Prince!!




































































































Comments

Popular Posts