fresh. flavorful. tasty. tacos.

Can I just say how nice it is to have food? To be able to go to the grocery store and get lots of food and get produce? I don't think I've ever been so excited to go to the grocery store as I was today... The last two weeks I went without any groceries... and gradually depleted everything else I had here. So it was so nice to make a grocery list and get lots of fresh produce :) I love my vegetables... I just can't stand cooking meals without them :) So I got lots of produce and was so excited to make dinner with my new food treasures. I wanted something fresh and something that I could use lots of these yummy things in... so I decided to make tacos! And of course I had to make it all homemade... cilantro lime chicken and rice, pico de gallo, guacamole, and tortillas... it took a little while to make it all, but boy was it worth it! It was so fresh and so flavorful... so tasty... And I thought it looked beautiful with the fresh pico de gallo and lettuce spilling out of the still warm tortilla :)  I'm just so glad I came to school so I can have this experience of learning to appreciate cooking and good food so much :)

So here's what mine looked like... the photo isn't the greatest, but the taste of it sure was! :)



Here's the tortillas I made... I used this recipe off pinterest :)

Here's the recipe for the cilantro lime chicken I made.... I didn't get a picture of what mine looked like, but this is the one from the actual recipe's site :)

And here's an interesting picture of my pico de gallo...  It was so tasty and fresh though! I just put in tomato, green onion, cilantro, and a squirt of lime. So tasty! :)


Basically, I'm so grateful for good food. And the ability to cook. And for Pinterest because it gives me so many great ideas for my meals. And for groceries... fresh produce from the store that I can use to make such delightful creations! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts